Table of Contents
DeFi based services are gaining in popularity as individuals and institutions leverage the power of blockchain. As part of their diversification, crypto-assets have made it among other financial instruments in their portfolios.
Consequently, the demand for user-friendly asset and portfolio tracking solutions is constantly rising. A variety of services rose to the scene attempting to deliver the best DeFi portfolio trackers, allowing users to track the amount and value of their investments in real-time across the multiple platforms they interact with.
What is a DeFi portfolio tracker?
Crypto platforms offering various services are flooding into the DeFi ecosystem: exchanges, DeFi protocols, and wallets. The demand for crypto portfolio trackers that can help you track the price of your digital assets is constantly rising.
The majority of crypto investors and DeFi participants, store funds across multiple blockchain protocols, use different wallets for different purposes, and interact with Dapps across a wide range of networks. Even financial institutions that are dipping their toes in the pool of DeFi services, and blockchain tokenization, require seamless, easily accessible, cost efficient, and off-the-shelf solutions, to monitor and report the price of their crypto-assets.
This can make tracking crypto portfolios available on different blockchain a major pain point, struggling to align information between the various wallets holding the funds.
Using a crypto portfolio tracker enables users to measure their gains in real time – even across multiple networks and wallets. They can also help track profits & loss, which isn’t a given with most popular wallets these days.
A DeFi portfolio tracker is an essential tool for both enthusiast and professional cryptocurrency investors as they allow the simple monitoring of price modifications over all your portfolios, some even provide compatibility with hardware wallets, making the tracking of funds held on such cold wallets much more straightforward.
DeFi portfolio tracking apps connect to a variety of exchanges, wallets, and crypto services where you store or keep your crypto. You can integrate all of your platforms with the portfolio tracker to bring a single view of your entire crypto holdings to one screen:
- Allow users to track the amount and value of their investments across all wallets, exchanges, platforms and blockchains in real-time
- Record past transactions, their worth and destination or source
- May help to track profit and losses of investments
- Allow to monitor price changes and to track investments over time
- Single view of entire crypto holdings
Key factors in choosing a Crypto Portfolio Tracker
The key factors to choosing your DeFi portfolio tracker are:
- Supported networks and platforms
- Layout & Features
- Make sure that your investments are protected especially when the portfolio tracker links with an exchange or your wallet
- Security features that protect your wallet can be two-factor authentication or multi-layer encryption
Supported networks and platforms
- Whether that DeFi portfolio tracker supports the designated cryptocurrencies and networks
- Some platforms are a combination of tracker and exchange, in this case, consider the platforms coin offerings to avoid working with multiple exchanges
Layout & Features
- User friendliness and ease of use
- Clean layout that shows all important information at a glance
- Denomination of your holdings in desired fiat currencies
- Profit and Loss display overview
- Additional features such as trading, creating & managing tokens, launching token sales
List of Top DeFi Portfolio Trackers
Crypto investors, issuers, and other financial institutions looking into utilizing the power of blockchain and tokenization, lack the necessary knowledge or tools to interact with all new financial services that rose to the scene with the introduction of DeFi. Hence, all kinds of DeFi based protocols and software solutions were developed, making Dapps the gateway to crypto and blockchain, facilitating engagement with this new market.
Services vary from trading apps, to tokenization platforms, and DeFi portfolio trackers. Below we will explore some of the best DeFi portfolio services available on the market, along with a brief analysis of features available.
Token Tool by Bitbond
Token Tool is a Web3 application that enables users to seamlessly create & manage tokens on Ethereum, Binance, Avalanche, and Polygon with no coding required. Users can then benefit from Bitbond’s expertise in developing smart contracts, and its renowned track record in serving financial institutions, to sell their tokens via token sales that can be directly configured & launched from within the tool itself.
Token Tool aims to become your all in one DeFi toolbox, simplifying the process for DeFi participants to partake in this nascent, and constantly growing, ecosystem. We recently launched our own DeFi portfolio tracker, accessible via web3 directly on Token Tool.
By simply connecting their wallets, users will be able to track and monitor the price of their assets directly in this user-friendly dashboard, providing a clear overview of all holdings in the selected address.
Go to portfolio tracker.
Other than simply tracking the price of your assets, using Token Tool’s portfolio tracker you can also benefit from the additional smart contract creation and deployment feature to: Create Token, Manage Token, Create Token Sale, Manage Token Sale, Send Tokens to other addresses, and many more. All can be achieved directly in the Token Tool interface, or from the portfolio tracking display to all supported assets.
No more need to manually keep track of different assets across different wallets. Simply connect to Token Tool via Metamask, WalletConnet, or other supported wallets, monitor the price of your investments, and take action to all available assets.
Zerion is one of the earliest DeFi portfolio trackers founded in 2016. It is a web3 smart, social wallet and investing tool that enables anyone with a mobile phone to manage their DeFi and NFT portfolios, supporting a variety of chains.
- Trade across 10+ networks including Etherum, Polygon, Binance Smart Chain.
- Connect to any decentralized application with one wallet (Zerion Wallet)
- Simple and easy to use interface
- Follow other wallet addresses, ENS handles and NFT collection (“Social Crypto” feature)
- Independently audited by security firms Trail of Bits and Vulners (only stated on website, nothing found when googling “Zerion and Vulners)
- Live price updates
- Non-custodial approach enhances security
- Portfolio tracker only works for non-custodial wallets and does not show assets users own on centralized exchanges
- Lack of support for other blockchains besides the Ethereum ecosystem
Similarly to Zerion and other portfolio trackers in this article, Zapper is a fintech platform that manages all DeFi assets from one simple interface. It also provides other features such as trading through DEX. Based in Canada, Zapper raised up to $17 million dollars to develop its product.
- Simple and easy to user interface
- Possibility to group investments in categories like protocols, platforms and networks
- Supports cryptocurrencies hold on 11 different networks including Ethereum, Polygon, BNB Chain, Fantom, Avalanche and Optimism
- Bridge feature allows transfer of assets between supported chains
- Assets can be deposited to pools that are integrated with Zapper (e.g. SushiSwap, PancakeSwap, Curve)
- Possible to swap tokes using a basic swap interface
- Lacks support for other blockchains besides the Ethereum ecosystem
DeFi Watch offers a modern solution for staying tuned in the DeFi space. It gathers all your DeFi wallets in one place and helps to control all trading positions. The tool is designed to simplify your routine in the DeFi space and provide you with a convenient solution to keep your capital under control anytime and anywhere.
Compared to Zerion and Zapper, DeFi.Watch offers detailed analytics on 15 000+ liquidity pools and 50+ decentralized exchanges, landing protocols and vaults It is also accessible via Web3 through Metamask and non-custodial wallets.
- 13 000 crypto assets and 327 M of investors already tracked with the Defi.Watch portfolio
- Gathers all DeFi wallets in one place and helps to control all trading positions
- DeFi Analytics and open profitable trades
- Intuitive and responsive user interface
- Pool information for each investment position including Annual Percentage Rate (APR), token information, pool volume and liquidity
- Possible to receive daily updates to their portfolios via a Telegram bot
- Support of 80 different cross-chain bridges
- Supports 40+ blockchains including Ethereum, Polygon, Binance Smart Chain, Solana and Avalanche
- Staked deposits or investments in smaller projects are not detected
- Lacks support for other blockchains besides EVM compatible networks
ApeBoard is a cross-chain DeFi dashboard. It supports 473 protocols across 40+ chains including Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Polygon and Solana. Founded in 2021 is based in Singapore and has raised up to $1.2 million until today.
- Ape Radar functions as an opportunity finder to find the best place to Ape in
- Supports creation of multiple profiles
- Offers a great variety of bridges to transfer assets between two protocols
- User friendly interface with easy-to-understand charts (amazing visualization!)
- Great visualization of chain allocation, token allocation, protocol allocation, asset worth, performance, daily P&L and cumulative P&L
- ENS domains are not supported
- Slow in updating new protocols
Coinstats is among the most popular DeFi portfolio trackers, currently hosting 1,200,000 users, CoinStats regards itself as the “All-In-One Platform, For Managing All Your Crypto and DeFi Assets” with 100 billion assets total tracked and over 1,000,000 connected to CoinStats. Based in Armenia, it has raised $4.4 million dollars until today.
- Great if you are looking to manage a large portfolio with diverse crypto and DeFi assets
- 70+ platforms are supported and can be connected to CoinStats including Binance, Metamask, Coinbase, Ethereum Wallet, Trust Wallet and Bitcoin Wallet
- Market insights and tracking tools for Bitcoin and over 8000 other coins
- Crypto news from over 40 sources are first aggregated and then personalized and presented to users
- Insights on past transactions including P&L analytics
- Supports buying crypto with fiat by using your credit card
- Laptop, desktop and mobile version available
- 7-day free trial, then $9.99 per month paid annually
Delta is a multi asset investment portfolio tracker going beyond crypto & DeFI. It provides live access to the price movements of popular stocks, cryptocurrencies, ETF, indices, mutual funds, bonds, futures and options. Used in 115 countries and 3M+ downloads since founded in 2017 Delta investment tracker was acquired by the global investment platform eToro in 2019.
- Combines stock price tracker, crypto tracker and other investment trackers (all-in one solution)
- Supports all popular crypto coins including Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin and over 7000 altcoins
- Support for over 300 exchanges including Kraken, Binance, Bitstamp, etoro and Gemini
- Overview of portfolio balance and total P&L since the last 24 hours or since you started investing
- Market overview and watchlist feature allows users to stay on top of latest trends and price changes
- Possible to set up multiple portfolios allowing users to track portfolios from different owners
- Delta PRO costs $8.99 per month or $59.99 per year
- No trading within the Delta app
- Only mobile based, no desktop version yet
DeBank is among the early stage DeFi portfolio trackers founded in 2018. It provided asset tracking to around 1292 protocols across 34 chains including Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Polygon and Fantom. Offering multiple features such as asset swap and web3 connectivity, DeBank can be considered among the leading DeFi portfolio trackers.
- Data and analytics for decentralized lending protocols, stable coins, margin trading platforms and DEXes
- Their pricing comparison tool “DeBank Swap” allows to look for the best on-chain price among different DEXes
- Possible to track portfolio either by connecting MetaMask wallet, Rabby wallet, Coinbase wallet or by entering your ENS supported Ethereum address
- No demo available and few resources about platform
Autofarm is a cross-chain yield farming aggregator on top of being a DeFi portfolio tracker. It runs on 19 different EVM-compatible networks. Autofarm acquired farmfol.io to allow users to monitor and track their assets adding the DeFi portfolio tracking among its app’s features. Assets can be tracked on Autofarm with farmfol.io’s intelligent portfolio dashboard.
- Features include the overall wallet holdings, automatic monitoring of staked assets, asset portfolio in USD or token value and TVL, APY and token prices over time
- Built to support BSC-based projects
- User-friendly design
- No demo version, difficult to find reviews and information on dashboard online (seems like the portfolio tracker is only a small project since the acquisition of Farmfol.io)
Step brings all popular DeFi applications into one simple intuitive dashboard to give you a clear view to analyze, and transact seamlessly. Users can swap tokens, and discover new opportunities through their yield farm manager in their dashboard.
A transaction history page enables you to create customer reports providing you with the insights you need to monitor the price of your portfolio. In short, Step Finance is a dashboard for Solana blockchain that lets you visualize, analyze, aggregate, and execute transactions.