Today we bring you a guest post by Paul Doyle, from Haven Investor who will be sharing his insights into the bitcoin vs gold debate, and why bitcoin is a better store of value than the precious metal. Paul is Co-founder & Partner at Haven Investor, with over 15 years international experience in the Financial Services industry.
Gold has been used as a store of wealth for the last few thousand years by ancient civilisations. Due to the limitations of its availability, everyone from kings to central banks have previously used gold as the foundation of their wealth.
The key to gold’s appeal has been its ability to maintain its purchasing power throughout history, in contrast to fiat currencies and other financial assets. An ounce of gold buys you the same amount of goods and services as it did in Roman times. An ounce of gold that would have purchased a roman hand-made toga and leather sandals 2,000 years ago, will buy a tailored suit and pair of shoes today. So why are we having the bitcoin vs gold debate?
Gold has proven to be the ultimate form of financial insurance for savers and investors seeking security and control…until the arrival of Bitcoin, a digital and superior version of gold. Bitcoin is perfectly set to takeover as the digital gold of the modern age as it successfully overcomes all the pitfalls that come with holding physical gold. HavenInvestor, explains in detail the reasons why Bitcoin easily beats Gold as an asset and a store of wealth.
Bitcoin vs Gold – Why is bitcoin better?
- Ease of Spending: Gold is difficult (in terms of process and cost) to divide into exact amounts to pay for goods and services. Bitcoin can be broken down to any amount required, instantly with no cost and the payment made immediately.
- Ease of Transporting: Gold is expensive and risky to move physically. Also, when moving overseas there will be many questions asked by government officials. Bitcoin can be sent to anywhere in the world, instantly with no cost and no interrogations.
- Store of Value: Gold is continually being mined, and although rare, new discoveries are being made all the time which can impact the future value of gold. Bitcoin has a finite set limit of 21 million and that’s it, with no new bitcoins allowed to be ‘mined’.
- Income Generating: Gold generates zero income, in fact it does the opposite, it can cost money to store your gold in vault etc. Bitcoin costs nothing to store, and can be used to generate a valuable and good source of income (+10% p.a interest) through lending to any counter-party globally. Haven Investor (link to www.haveninvestor.com) recommends BitBond.com, a leading global peer-to-peer bitcoin lending platform.
Overall, you can see that Bitcoin is the gold of the present and the future, and easily overcomes the issues faced with gold which its holders have had to put up with for the last 5,000 years. But now with Bitcoin, it’s holders can easily use it, transport it, store it and best of all earn an income from it whilst owning it as a store of value and a hedge against the continuous money printing by the main central banks of the world. Thus, in bitcoin vs gold, bitcoin is the winner!
Written by Haven Investor. The Global Online Marketplace for Alternative Finance & Offshore Strategies
Latest posts by Chris Grundy (see all)
- Top 20 best bookkeeping software for small businesses 💳 - June 21, 2018
- Top 10 Wholesale dropshippers| Plus FAQ - May 30, 2018
- Most Profitable Items To Sell On eBay And Amazon | Our Top 5 📈 - May 28, 2018