mazon SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) plays a key role in the overall success of your Amazon business. It is responsible for ensuring that the staggering 186 million monthly visitors see your products when entering relevant search terms. As a thriving Amazon seller, nailing Amazon SEO in 2017 should be a clear priority for you. Your efforts in this regard will help determine the number of customers who view your products and make a purchase.
But first, let me provide a little bit of context for the uninitiated.
Amazon vs. Google
In 1998, Stanford PhD students Sergey Brin and Larry Page published a paper entitled “The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine” which helped to revolutionised the way we search for things online.
If you are talking about SEO, you automatically think of Google, the pioneering search engine which has led the market for 15 years. Even if Google has long held the monopoly, recent research has shown that only 35% of shoppers start with Google, compared to 38 percent with Amazon. the search engine is no longer alone on the market today. For SEO is not only for Google operate, but also for different search engines, consequently also for eBay and Amazon.
For some years, Amazon SEO has become particularly important for product search in the eCommerce sector, in order to increase the sales. According to statistics, 4 out of 10 users launch the product search on Amazon; For Google it is only 3 out of 10 users. This is mainly due to the different intentions of the respective users. Google is suitable for both information and product search, while an Amazon user is specifically looking for relevant products to buy.
Anyone looking for a technical device will search for Amazon. However, anyone looking for a description of this device will use Google.
Likewise, the form of monetization is completely different, because the Google SEO focuses mainly on advertisements, whereby the Amazon SEO focuses on product sales. If a sale is made and the customer is satisfied, the ranking increases. However, if you want to appear as a seller with its products among the first search results, one must pay attention to SEO at Amazon SEO.
Why now is the optimal time for Amazon SEO
At the moment, there are few product pages on Amazon that have really been optimized Amazon SEO. Therefore, Amazon dealers currently have a good chance to appear with their products in the search at the top positions. With professional Amazon SEO measures you can go directly into the top 10 in a few days or hours.
Offpage and Onpage Amazon SEO
If you are talking about Amazon SEO, then two components are crucial: the onpage optimization through the right Amazon SEO and the offpage optimization. Onpage optimization is very similar to Google SEO, whereby the content on Amazon SEO is also evaluated according to different metrics. Relevant keywords, semantic search, high-quality and easy-to-read text as well as optimal images play a role.
With Offpage Amazon SEO are meant mainly the backlinks, which arise outside of Amazon and can influence the ranking positively. For example, the customer reviews are also backlinks, which appear on Google.
Important factors for the onpage Amazon SEO
With Onpage Amazon SEO, it depends on the quality of the information for the respective product. Important is the product title with good keywords, high-quality and detailed pictures as well as an informative and customer-oriented product description.
- Categorization: The search results on Amazon appear in a list, which categorizes the products across the category. The correct categorization is necessary to appear in the search. Amazon offers a good help with regard to the categorization with Seller Central.
- URL: Likewise, the URL is crucial, which in turn can be optimized by various parameters. Please note the parameters Keyword, Node and Brandtextebin. Node is the ID that refers to the corresponding category. Bandtexbin is used for the performance of different products from the same segment. (“Asus laptop in gray” and “Asus laptop”).
According to Nathan Grimm of Moz, the main factors for the onpage Amazon SEO can be divided into two basic factors:
Relevance Factors: The relevance factors are mainly about the user and his buying experience. There are indicators of the A9 algorithm of the Amazon search and decide whether products are relevant. Key words are bullet points, keywords, and product descriptions.
Performance Factors: These factors mainly focus on the product and the likelihood of this being purchased. At Amazon, the main focus is on products that are profitable. Here are the price, the conversion rate, availability and shipping costs decisive.
Relevancy factors of Amazon SEO
- The product title is an important factor in Amazon SEO, with vendors looking for keyword, USP, marketing, and brand to choose the title so that the click-through rate (CTR) is high. Mention may be made of material, color, size and particular product characteristics. Example: Faber-Castell 120148 eco-friendly pencils 48 pencils Box Castle
- Bullet Points: Also important for the Amazon SEO are the 5 bullet points (outline points). There is an appropriate combination of product titles and advantageous product characteristics. The bullet points provide the right place to market the product well. Example: Classic colored pencils / break proofs for rich, color intensive results / Made of environmentally friendly materials
- Keywords of the Seller Central / Meta-Description: The keywords in the Seller Central are crucial to the Amazon SEO. These are in the merchant account’s product settings and are not visible to the buyer. Here you should use hyphens, because this is an AND-link at the Amazon SEO and allows the search of several terms at the same time. Example: “Children’s pens” is also “children’s pens”, “children” and “pens”.
- Brand Specify: Many customers are looking for branded products, hence for a meaningful Amazon SEO always specify the brand.
Images: Users want to see what product they are buying, so high-resolution and detailed images are important to achieve sales. High resolutions from 1000x1000px to 1500x1500px are advisable.
- Product description is also important for the Amazon SEO, and should contain meaningful keywords. The product description should not be too dry, but should make the product palatable to buyers, both on an emotional and informative level. One uses primarily positive attributes according to the AIDA principle (attention-interest-desire-action).
- Keywords: Every user is different, and therefore every potential buyer thinks differently when searching. Through the use of synonyms, the Amazon SEO can significantly improve the visibility of the products, thereby simultaneously reaching different customers. Example: Crayons, childrens, crayons, pencils, pencils.
- Google SEO for Amazon SEO: The more traffic, the better. Google SEO as Amazon SEO use. Through optimized content on Amazon, users can also access the products through the Google search. Since Amazon is one of the largest marketplaces, users are likely to click on the Amazon listed product with a probability of 4/5. For this, the product description Google SEO has been optimized.
Performance factors of Amazon SEO
- Price: A good price decides ultimately whether the product is bought. A direct competitor is often Amazon itself. Therefore, you have to position yourself as a salesman and to give the potential customer an attractive potential savings.
- Availability: When users go shopping, they want to get their products delivered as soon as possible, and do not have to wait long. Fast delivery times are essential for the purchase decision.
- Shipping costs: The shipping costs are also decisive for the user experience. Who likes to pay high shipping costs for a delivery. Free shipping leads to more sales than products with shipping costs, even if the product would ultimately be cheaper.
- Trader Performance: In order to make shoppers happy, the response time is also relevant to the seller’s inquiries and messages. Speed and goal-orientation are the essentials.
- The sales rank is the most important performance factor, which in turn depends on the right category and a good Amazon SEO.
- Amazon Prime: Nearly unbeatable, and like a magnet is the small Prime logo, because it promises fast delivery, more reliability and free shipping. However, the Amazon shipping is only worthwhile for traders who are making big profit margins.
- Merchant rating: Sellers who have been positively rated by customers have, of course, a good prospect of more sales and the chance to land in the BuyBox.
Important factors for the off-page Amazon SEO
In addition to an onpage optimization, traders should pay attention to the offpage Amazon SEO as it can lead potential buyers directly to the products. With Offpage SEO, Google only refers to the backlinks that lead to their own website and influence the positioning.
At Amazon there are no backlinks, but customer reviews, which also influence the ranking. Even if the mode of operation is different, both have the same purpose. It is important that the evaluations are of high quality and relevant to the customer.
Relevant reviews are crucial for Amazon SEO
Qualitative and relevant customer reviews are important to other users as they provide information about the quality of the product as well as the reliability of the Amazon seller. In addition, people like to buy things that other people have already purchased and tested.
This may be due to the fact that they are adversely affected by buying decisions or do not have the necessary expertise but are protected by a product assessment. A good customer evaluation is an indicator that they can rely on the product because, finally, they have chosen other users. For the Amazon SEO, however, the number of evaluations, their actuality as well as the average evaluation is decisive.
Amazon Affiliate Program to optimize the Amazon SEO use
Another option of off-page optimization is the use of the Amazon Affiliate Program to alert customers to the products. For this purpose, an external web page is needed, on which the products are offered, for example, or background information is provided. For example, an Amazon store that sells cameras and camera accessories could run an external website where the seller provides background information on the subjects of “photography,” “camera,” and “camera accessories,” and affiliate links to the Products in the Amazon Shop.
Conclusion – through Amazon SEO to more sales
Many online retailers make it ideal, and show that Amazon SEO can work if you do it right. If you make it finally into the upper search results, then also increase the sales. At best, by optimizing the Amazon SEO, sales can be increased by a five-fold. There are only four factors:
- Customer-oriented and creative thinking
- An optimal Amazon SEO keyword research
- Many good customer reviews
- A monitoring using an Amazon tool.
Latest posts by Chris Grundy (see all)
- Pick the Best eBay Repricer! Our Top 10 - April 20, 2018
- Which is the Best Amazon Repricing Tool? Our Top 10 - March 28, 2018
- 1741 Fund Management and Bitbond Launch SME Lending AIF for Professional Investors - January 31, 2018